Many people like preparing smoothies to make the consumption of products such as Gold Standard Whey and Xtend BCAA much easier. The delectable taste of fruit smoothies covers up what is often a bland taste of dietary supplements.
Here are five healthy and tasty smoothie recipes that you ought to consider.
Two-minute Breakfast Smoothie
If you are running late to work, this is the ideal option. The main ingredient is banana. You can accompany it with any other fruit of your choice, plus honey to add some extra sweetness. It also includes oats that keep you full and energised over an extended period.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of porridge oats
- 80 grams of soft fruit (anything, but preferably mangos and berries)
- 150 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients and blend for one minute until smooth.
- Serve the smoothie
This is the perfect option for people who are lactose intolerant. The strawberry smoothie is made using orange and banana juice. What more? It only takes five minutes to prepare.
- 10 strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 100 mil of chilled orange juice
- Mix all the components and blend until you get a uniform mixture.
- After five minutes, serve the smoothie.
You will love this smoothie if you are a fan of green vegetables. It has a variety of nutritious components, including spinach, flaxseeds, and banana. You can also boost its energy output by adding an optional spoonful of maca powder.
However, it also contains milk, making it unsuitable for vegetarians.
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- 250 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 crushed date
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder (optional)
- Put the milk, flaxseeds, maca powder and cinnamon into a blender and puree at high speed.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients then blend until smooth.
- Serve the smoothie.
If you want a smoothie that suppresses your appetite by keeping you full for extended periods, try out the sunshine smoothie. Even better, it is a low-fat smoothie, meaning that it is useful if you are on a diet. It is free of milk, making it suitable for vegetarians.
- 500 ml of chilled carrot juice
- 200 grams of fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 bananas, cut into small pieces
- 20 grams of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of lime juice
- Mix all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drink it when ready or keep refrigerated for not more than one day.
The mango lassi smoothie is the best choice for people who love Indian drinks. It combines cardamom, lime, honey, mangoes, and yogurt to produce a thick blend that is tasty, healthy, and keeps you satiated for a long time.
- 3 to 4 ripe mangoes (preferably honey mangoes)
- 500 grams of natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- 2 juiced limes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Add all ingredients except the lime into a food processor and run it.
- Later, add the lime, and a pinch of salt to taste. Toss in some ice cubes if you prefer it chilled.
- Serve the drink.
These are only a few of the smoothie recipes out there. If you cannot stand the taste of supplements, consider taking them with the options mentioned above. This way, you will not only gain from the supplement itself but also the nutritious benefits provided by the ingredients of the smoothie.